So, they made Lara Croft look more like a real person. Woohoo! Progress!
But of course, like most clueless asshole types, they can’t think of a single way to inject some character development into her without attempted sexual violence, which apparently makes Lara “literally a cornered animal”.
Fun. That doesn’t sound like fetishized sexual violence at all. It’s all for the story, man. It’s necessary.
Of all of the things in all of the world the writers of the new Tomb Raider could not think of anything that can develop a woman’s character more than being made victim to attempted sexual violence by multiple “island scavengers”.
Oh, and then there’s this gem of a quote from the article: “She literally goes from zero to hero… we’re sort of building her up and just when she gets confident, we break her down again.”
AWESOME! Let’s break down the woman character and then try to rape her! What is this, Tomb Raider snuff film edition?
Oh, and here we go:
“The new Lara Croft isn’t just less battle-hardened; she’s less voluptuous. Gone are her ridiculous proportions and skimpy clothing. This Lara feels more human, more real. That’s intentional, Rosenberg says.”
Is it intentional? It wasn’t just a happy accident? Or maybe an unhappy one? You made a real, human woman character…on purpose? Oh man, you must be saints or something.
I just cannot even with this. Every time I go into Gamestop and see Duke Nukem Forever on the shelf I get a little more tired of having gaming as a hobby but this kind of shit is just fucking ridiculous. This is what these assholes come up with when they think they’re doing decent personhood well.
Just…ugh. Honestly I can’t even eloquently words about this I’m just a blind ball of angry.
- starry-starry-eyed likes this
- sexualisation-in-video-games reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- rachyfaberry reblogged this from rugbylovesnerds
- ilmatar likes this
- rugbylovesnerds reblogged this from feministsuperpowers
- slutjunky likes this
- misskaeoz reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- thatneedstogo reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- misstransatlantic reblogged this from capturethecastle
- capturethecastle reblogged this from iamthecrime
- glitterqueen80 likes this
- cosmicrubric reblogged this from feministsuperpowers
- danido reblogged this from feministsuperpowers
- emibumblebee reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- hanuueshe reblogged this from skittlette
- squintyoureyes likes this
- ghostleader90 reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- macangag reblogged this from iamthecrime
- macangag likes this
- littleblackkittycat likes this
- eisherbst reblogged this from stfufauxminists and added:
- allerleirauh likes this
- christinemichelle91 reblogged this from feministsuperpowers
- chokeonthefuckery reblogged this from feministsuperpowers
- chokeonthefuckery likes this
- scheissindiedisco likes this
- feministsuperpowers reblogged this from iamthecrime and added:
- redlightpolitics likes this
- iamthecrime reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- candoh reblogged this from theyellowninja
- gogocandoh likes this
- the-uncensored-she likes this
- youkaigirlatthegate likes this
- sweetlydemented reblogged this from mpencil and added:
- abrokenfishbowl likes this
- kimyman2 likes this
- skittlette reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- exceedinglytrans reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- kitcloudkickr likes this
- morrigan-disapproves likes this
- pineypalooza reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- adornyourhearts reblogged this from stfufauxminists and added:
- cheekyjordanbaker reblogged this from stfufauxminists and added:
- ikonisk likes this
- madammaria reblogged this from jathis
- melanist reblogged this from stfufauxminists
- feminerdism likes this
- leon-hotsky likes this
- dinru likes this